Submission Is Now Open
The American Venous Forum is now accepting scientific abstracts for its 2019 Annual Meeting
The American Venous Forum (AVF) will hold its 31st Annual Meeting on February 19-22, 2019 in Rancho Mirage, CA. The AVF Annual Meeting offers high-quality scientific analysis to those physicians interested in research, education and clinical investigation in the field of venous diseases. AVF encourages all of its colleagues to participate in this growing educational program by submission of a formal abstract for standard oral, quick shot presentation, poster presentation or poster display.
Abstract Submission Deadline: Friday, September 14, 2018, 11:59 pm (EST)
AVF encourages all of its colleagues to participate in this growing educational program by submission of a formal abstract for standard oral, quick shot presentation, poster presentation or poster display.
Abstract Submission Process
Submit an abstract via the online abstract submission site. Click the “Click Here” link on the “New to this site?” button to create an account. (Please note: This is a new submission portal and you will need to create an account.)
The AVF only accepts electronic abstract submissions via the official abstract submission website. No more than two abstracts from the same institution will be selected for speaking slots (oral presentation and quick shot).
Rules for Submission of Abstracts
Abstracts must meet the following criteria:
- All work submitted to the AVF Annual Meeting must be original and not previously published or presented. All work at the time of presentation at the Annual Meeting must also be original. All authors must attest that presentations given at the meeting have never been presented or published before the date of presentation at the AVF Annual Meeting. Those found to be in violation of this policy will be prohibited from presenting at the AVF Annual Meeting for the next two years.
- No reference should be made in the abstract to the names or institutions of the authors.
- Abstracts must be structured as follows: 1) Background 2) Methods 3) Results 4) Conclusions
- Abstract text must be between 50 (minimum) and 425 (maximum) words.
- Each table and/or graph will count as 25 words in the total word count. (Limit two images per abstract.)
- Abstracts must be submitted under one of the following categories:
- Vascular Medicine
- Basic Science
- Chronic Vein Obstruction
- Compression/Wound Care
- Diagnostic Testing and Imaging
- Superficial Vein Disease
- Venous Thromboembolism/IVC Filters
- Oral Presentation: 10 minutes in length
- Quick Shot Presentation: 5 minutes in length and will feature case reports, preliminary results, early data, small series or interesting cases
- Poster Presentation: Authors will be given the opportunity to provide a 3-minute oral presentation of their work during a moderated “poster grand rounds” session.
- Poster Display: Posters are displayed during the meeting. There is no presentation.
*Your presentation preference will be given every consideration; however, the final determination will be made by the Program Committee.
Authors of abstracts accepted for oral presentation, quick shot presentation or poster presentation at the AVF Annual Meeting are required to submit a formal manuscript to be considered for publication in the Journal of Vascular Surgery: Venous and Lymphatic Disorders (JVSVL), the official journal of the American Venous Forum. Failure to submit a manuscript to JVSVL may result in disqualification for future abstract submission.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of AMEDCO and American Venous Form (AVF). AMEDCO is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM.
For additional information or questions regarding the submission process please contact:
American Venous Forum
2800 W Higgins Rd. Suite 440
Hoffman Estates, IL 60169