Your Action is Needed Now!
From recent AVF communications, you should now be aware of the proposed Medicare physician payment cuts that pose a real threat to vascular/vein practices and patients. The projected cut to vascular surgery overall is 11.4%, but office based procedures (OBL’s and vein centers) bear a significantly higher burden with the cuts to specific services as high as 22%.
Your voice will amplify the steps the AVF is taking to address this critical issue. Your input is crucial at this time. Feel free to use either the video from AVF President Tony Gasparis or the easy instructions below to submit your comments to CMS before the deadline of September 13th.
STEP 1: Download one of our sample letters to customize
- Letter 1: Includes scenario of 66yo female waitress needing venous ablation rather than continued compression therapy
- Letter 2: Includes scenario of 70yo male presenting with a venous ulcer
- Letter 3: Includes scenario of 72yo retired male needing a venous stent
STEP 2: Customize your letter
- Enter your information in all places where you see red text
- Change the red text back to black
- Click on this link https://www.regulations.gov/commenton/CMS-2021-0119-0053 to go to the CMS comment form
- Under Comment, enter your comment (up to 5000 characters) or “Please do not implement the Medicare rates as proposed.”
- Under What is your comment about?, scroll down the list and select “Physician – HC005”
- Attach your customized letter in PDF format
- Then enter your email address
- Check the Op-in box – to receive confirmation of submission
- Below that, select “An Individual” and complete your contact information.
- Finally, tell them that you are not a robot and click on Submit Comment