Considerations in Prophylaxis and Treatment of VTE in COVID-19 Patients
Important white paper issued by the COVID-19 Subcommittee of the American Venous Forum.
Thrombosis Risk Assessment in the Era of Coronavirus
Video presentation by Dr. Joseph Caprini on the relationship between COVID-19 and increased risk of thrombosis.
Link to Caprini DVT Risk Assessment Tool
Late-Breaking COVID-19 Research Papers from Around the World
Click on each title to read the abstract. At the end of each abstract, you will find a link to the full study as published.
- Mortality and pulmonary complications in patients undergoing surgery with perioperative SARS-CoV-2 infection: an international cohort study
- COVID-19 update: Covid-19-associated coagulopathy
- Evaluation of coagulation function by rotation thromboelastometry in critically ill patients with severe COVID-19 pneumonia
- Understanding pathophysiology of hemostasis disorders in critically ill patients with COVID-19
- Incidence of thrombotic complications in critically ill ICU patients with COVID-19
- Coagulopathy associated with COVID-19
- Clinical features of patients infected with 2019 novel coronavirus in Wuhan, China
- Epidemiological and clinical characteristics of 99 cases of 2019 novel coronavirus pneumonia in Wuhan, China: a descriptive study
- Abnormal coagulation parameters are associated with poor prognosis in patients with novel coronavirus pneumonia
- Anticoagulant treatment is associated with decreased mortality in severe coronavirus disease 2019 patients with coagulopathy
- Clinical observation and management of COVID-19 patients
- Hypothesis for potential pathogenesis of SARS-CoV-2 infection-a review of immune changes in patients with viral pneumonia
- Risk Factors Associated With Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome and Death in Patients With Coronavirus Disease 2019 Pneumonia in Wuhan, China
- Diagnosis and clinical management of severe acute respiratory syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) infection: an operational recommendation of Peking Union Medical College Hospital (V2.0)
Global COVID-19 Community
Members of the AVF can opt-in to join a global online community to share their COVID-19 experiences with health care professionals from around the world. This is powered by DocMatter – the host of our AVF Exchange community.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Guidelines for the Lymphatic Disease Community
Helpful suggestions for lymphedema patients.
Elsevier COVID-19 Healthcare Hub
This hub includes open access to Elsevier’s latest evidence-based practices and resources for COVID-19, covering topics from symptom management to diagnosis, treatment and ongoing wellness.
Center for Disease Control
The latest COVID-19 recommendations and guidance from the CDC for Patients and Physicians
CARES Act Fact Sheet
Corona Virus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act: largest relief package in U.S. history (provided by RBC Wealth Management)
Society for Vascular Surgery
SVS COVID-19 Resource Page with VAM updates and member resources
American College of Surgeons
In response to the rapidly evolving challenges faced by hospitals related to COVID-19 and broad calls to curtail “elective” surgical procedures, the American College of Surgeons (ACS) provides guidance on the management of non-emergent operations.