NEW EXCITING RCT Data for Decreasing Morbidity and Mortality for COVID-19 with Therapeutic Anticoagulation
Interim data from NHLBI examining 3 international trials suggesting decreased morbidity and mortality for COVID-19 patients with therapeutic anticoagulation for patients not in the ICU. Please share this important summary. IT CAN SAVE LIVES.
Considerations in Prophylaxis and Treatment of VTE in COVID-19 Patients
Important white paper issued by the COVID-19 Subcommittee of the American Venous Forum.
Late-Breaking COVID-19 Research Papers from Around the World
Click on each title to read the abstract or full study as published.
- Incidence of venous thromboembolism among patients with severe COVID-19 requiring mechanical ventilation compared to other causes of respiratory failure: a prospective cohort study
- Early initiation of prophylactic anticoagulation for prevention of coronavirus disease 2019 mortality in patients admitted to hospital in the United States: cohort study
- The Association of Low Molecular Weight Heparin Use and In-hospital Mortality Among Patients Hospitalized with COVID-19
- COVID‐19 Associated Thrombosis and Coagulopathy: Review of the Pathophysiology and Implications for Antithrombotic Management
- Pulmonary embolism in COVID-19 patients: Prevalence, predictors and clinical outcome
- Dosing of thromboprophylaxis and mortality in critically ill COVID-19 patients. 11/23/20. Jonmarker S. Crit Care.
- Incidence of venous thromboembolism and bleeding among hospitalized patients with COVID-19: a systematic review and meta-analysis. 11/17/20. Jiménez D. Chest.
- Archive of Late-Breaking COVID-19 Research Papers from Around the World
Thrombosis Risk Assessment in the Era of Coronavirus
Video presentation by Dr. Joseph Caprini on the relationship between COVID-19 and increased risk of thrombosis.
Link to Caprini DVT Risk Assessment Tool
Global COVID-19 Community
Members of the AVF can opt-in to join a global online community to share their COVID-19 experiences with health care professionals from around the world. This is powered by DocMatter – the host of our AVF Exchange community.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Guidelines for the Lymphatic Disease Community
Helpful suggestions for lymphedema patients.
Elsevier COVID-19 Healthcare Hub
This hub includes open access to Elsevier’s latest evidence-based practices and resources for COVID-19, covering topics from symptom management to diagnosis, treatment and ongoing wellness.
Center for Disease Control
The latest COVID-19 recommendations and guidance from the CDC for Patients and Physicians
Society for Vascular Surgery
SVS COVID-19 Resource Page with VAM updates and member resources
American College of Surgeons
In response to the rapidly evolving challenges faced by hospitals related to COVID-19 and broad calls to curtail “elective” surgical procedures, the American College of Surgeons (ACS) provides guidance on the management of non-emergent operations.