Considerations in Prophylaxis and Treatment of VTE in COVID-19 Patients
Important white paper issued by the COVID-19 Subcommittee of the American Venous Forum.
Late-Breaking COVID-19 Research Papers from Around the World
Click on each title to read the abstract or full study as published.
- The Association of Low Molecular Weight Heparin Use and In-hospital Mortality Among Patients Hospitalized with COVID-19
- COVID‐19 Associated Thrombosis and Coagulopathy: Review of the Pathophysiology and Implications for Antithrombotic Management
- Pulmonary embolism in COVID-19 patients: Prevalence, predictors and clinical outcome
- Dosing of thromboprophylaxis and mortality in critically ill COVID-19 patients. 11/23/20. Jonmarker S. Crit Care.
- Incidence of venous thromboembolism and bleeding among hospitalized patients with COVID-19: a systematic review and meta-analysis. 11/17/20. Jiménez D. Chest.
- Marked factor V activity elevation in severe COVID-19 is associated with venous thromboembolism
- Venous Thromboembolism in COVID-19
- Triage of Patients With Venous and Lymphatic Diseases During the COVID-19 Pandemic – The Venous and Lymphatic Triage and Acuity Scale (VELTAS): A Consensus Document of the International Union of Phlebology (UIP), Australasian College of Phlebology (ACP), American Vein and Lymphatic Society (AVLS), American Venous Forum (AVF), European College of Phlebology (ECoP), European Venous Forum (EVF), Interventional Radiology Society of Australasia (IRSA), Latin American Venous Forum, Pan-American Society of Phlebology and Lymphology and the Venous Association of India (VAI)
- Archive of Late-Breaking COVID-19 Research Papers from Around the World
Thrombosis Risk Assessment in the Era of Coronavirus
Video presentation by Dr. Joseph Caprini on the relationship between COVID-19 and increased risk of thrombosis.
Link to Caprini DVT Risk Assessment Tool
Global COVID-19 Community
Members of the AVF can opt-in to join a global online community to share their COVID-19 experiences with health care professionals from around the world. This is powered by DocMatter – the host of our AVF Exchange community.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Guidelines for the Lymphatic Disease Community
Helpful suggestions for lymphedema patients.
Elsevier COVID-19 Healthcare Hub
This hub includes open access to Elsevier’s latest evidence-based practices and resources for COVID-19, covering topics from symptom management to diagnosis, treatment and ongoing wellness.
Center for Disease Control
The latest COVID-19 recommendations and guidance from the CDC for Patients and Physicians
Society for Vascular Surgery
SVS COVID-19 Resource Page with VAM updates and member resources
American College of Surgeons
In response to the rapidly evolving challenges faced by hospitals related to COVID-19 and broad calls to curtail “elective” surgical procedures, the American College of Surgeons (ACS) provides guidance on the management of non-emergent operations.