Note: The society is transitioning its web applications and will be operational soon. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Members of the AVF contribute their time and expertise to further scientific and clinical research, educate physicians and fellows, create unique public awareness programs and provide state-of-the-art patient care for people with venous disease. Membership is open to all healthcare professionals who treat venous disease, including:
- Vascular and General Surgeons
- Interventional Radiologists
- Interventional Cardiologists
- Plastic Surgeons
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
- Vascular Technologists
- Registered Nurses/LPN
- Medical Assistants
Benefits of Membership
News & Publications
- Complimentary subscription to the Journal of Vascular Surgery: Venous and Lymphatic Disorders
- AVF Newsletter – Blue News Now
- Patient Informed Consents
- Patient Education Brochures
- Opportunities to earn CME and self-assessment credits
- Online access to presentations from Annual Meetings and other educational courses
- Discounted registration to AVF Annual Meetings and other educational courses
- American Venous Forum Screening Kit
- AVF committees and initiatives
- National and international panelist opportunities
- Multi-specialty coalitions
Networking & Public Awareness
- Find A Doctor listing – public online directory
- Access to AVF Membership Directory
- AVF Member Logo – official logo of AVF members
- Recognition internationally as thought leaders, expert investigators and clinicians in venous and lymphatic disease
Types of Membership
Physician Membership: Certified physicians or scientists who have demonstrated involvement in and a commitment to issues of venous disease. Physician Membership is divided into two categories.
- American (USA)
- Non Surgeon-Interventionist (primary care)
- International (outside of the USA)
Allied Health Membership: Allied health medical professionals who have demonstrated a commitment to the management of venous and lymphatic disease.
Resident Physician Membership: Physicians serving in residency or fellowships in post-doctoral training programs.
Medical Student Membership: Medical students who are currently enrolled in medical school who have a special interest in venous and lymphatic diseases.
Senior Membership: Members who have attained age 70 or are retired.
Distinguished Fellow Membership: Distinguished Fellow Membership is comprised of Physician Members who are in good standing for at least three years and has volunteered on committees or as meeting faculty, provided educational enhancement for trainees, or advanced venous disease by research or education. Click here to view the roster.