AVF Membership Information
Members of the AVF contribute their time and expertise to further scientific and clinical research, educate physicians and fellows, create unique public awareness programs and provide state-of-the-art patient care for people with venous disease. Membership is open to all healthcare professionals who treat venous disease.
Benefits of Membership
Publications & News
- Enjoy full print & digital access to the Journal of Vascular Surgery: Venous and Lymphatic Disorders (JVS-VL) – the highest rated venous journal, ranked in the top 25% of all medical journals.
- Benefit from the Handbook of Venous and Lymphatic Disorders, edited by Dr. Peter Gloviczki.
- Receive VEIN SPECIALIST, the AVF’s monthly update featuring timely news and information about the field of venous disease.
- Receive special member rates to attend:
- VENOUS2021: AVF Annual Meeting and Early Career Course
- VENOUS2021: Venous & Lymphatic Science Meeting
- Annual Fellows and Early Career Course in Venous Disease
- Learn about emerging venous technologies and techniques from recognized venous experts, earn CME credits and gain free online access to live/recorded AVF sessions & presentations.
- Stay current: Receive the latest venous & lymphatic disease updates on new or updated clinical guidelines and reimbursement challenges.
Venous Research Opportunities
- Access member-only grants, including the AVF-JOBST Research Grant. Learn about venous research opportunities including NIH grants, industry-sponsored research and C-Tract Trial participation.
- Gain access to the most respected scientific forum, the AVF Annual Meeting, to present your research findings and be considered for publication in the JVS-VL.
Career & Practice Growth
- Collaborate and network with internationally recognized thought leaders and expert investigators from around the world. Access the AVF membership directory online.
- Inclusion in AVF’s “Find a Vein Specialist” online referral resource for patients and referring physicians.
- Access AVF’s Career Center to advance your career or share open venous positions at your institution
Grow as a Leader Opportunities
- Serve on a writing group, update and develop new venous and lymphatic clinical guidelines.
- Lead the way by serving on a committee or the AVF Board. Advance venous health as an active participant in a multi-specialty coalition.
- Become a “Key Opinion Leader.” Speak and present, both within the U.S. and around the world.
Make a Difference in Venous and Lymphatic Health
- Support the AVF Foundation, serve as a Board Member, get involved with “Healthy Veins for Healthy Life” and promote venous & lymphatic health.
- Enjoy the prestige, proudly display your membership certificate, and be recognized by your co-workers, peers, and patients as an AVF Member.
Types of Membership
Physician Membership: Certified physicians or scientists who have demonstrated involvement in and a commitment to issues of venous disease. Physician Membership is divided into two categories.
- American (USA)
- Non Surgeon-Interventionist (primary care)
- International (outside of the USA)
APP / Allied Health Membership: APP & Allied health medical professionals who have demonstrated a commitment to the management of venous and lymphatic disease.
Member-in-Training Membership: Physicians serving in residency or fellowships in post-doctoral training programs.
Medical Student Membership: Medical students who are currently enrolled in medical school who have a special interest in venous and lymphatic diseases.
Senior Membership: Members who have attained age 70 or are retired.
Affiliate Member: Employees of companies offering, or developing, products or services for the management of venous and lymphatic disease. (Scientists and physicians outside of a hospital or clinic setting may qualify to be a Physician Member)
Current AVF Members – Renew Your Membership
Click the link below to renew your membership with the American Venous Forum.