The AVF is recognized as one of the world’s leading organizations in educating physicians, health professionals and the public.
- Annual Meeting – Attend the AVF’s Annual Meeting and receive CME credits or a Certificate of Attendance
- Physicians In Training and Early Career Courses – Attend didactic and clinical sessions to improve venous knowledge and skills
- Venous Online – Access AVF’s digital resources including our video library, webinars, and annual meeting content
- West Coast Vein Forum – Attend the WCVF to improve knowledge and clinical skills of practitioners with varying levels of expertise
- Webinars – Receive targeted relevant practical information on a variety of venous topics
The AVF provides unparalleled opportunities to fund, conduct, present and share your venous and lymphatic research.
- Present at the AVF Annual Meeting – Present your research findings and be considered for publication in the JVS-VL
- AVF-JOBST Clinical Research Grant – Advance your research career through this prestigious grant that funds an original, clinical research project
- AVF- NIH/NHLBI Research Award – Boost your research career development with this AVF supplement to an eligible NHLBI venous research award
- AVF Sponsored Research – Participate in initiatives led by the AVF
Patient and Practice Support
The AVF provides members with important resources to support our members practices and assist our members in providing care for their patients.
- Clinical Practice Guidelines – Access to the latest guidelines developed by AVF Experts to assist you in your venous practice. Members have opportunities to serve on these writing groups
- Varicose Veins Policy Navigator – Access pre-authorization information by varicose vein treatment modality and payor at a reduced cost
- Patient Education Materials Developed by AVF Member Experts – Access and make available to your patients:
Patient consent forms in both English and Spanish (free for members)
Patient brochures including disease state and procedural information
AVF’s digital library
- Find a Vein Specialist – Enhance your visibility to patients, the public and health care practitioners in search of venous experts
Leadership and Professional Development
The AVF is considered the global leader in venous and lymphatic disease and provides opportunities for professional growth.
- Networking – Network and establish lifelong relationships with your peers and leaders in the field
- Serve on Committees and Writing Groups – Members are encouraged to volunteer on AVF Committees and Writing Groups to share your voice in the advancement of the society and profession
- Career Center – Explore career opportunities and post job openings at your practice or institution
- Mentorship Program – Members are encouraged to sign up as mentors or mentees
- Travel Scholarship – Apply for travel scholarships to attend the AVF Annual Meeting
- AVF-Juzo Traveling Fellowship – Apply for funded travel to meet with, and learn from, some of the brightest researchers, educators, and practitioners in the field of venous and lymphatic disease
- Give Back – Donate to the AVF Foundation to help provide needed resources that will advance the AVF’s mission
Publications and Communication
The AVF provides a wealth of printed and digital materials to inform and educate, practitioners and their patients.
- JVS-VL – Receive a digital subscription to the Journal of Vascular Surgery – Venous and Lymphatic Disorders, the AVF’s official journal and leading venous publication (Print version is available at a nominal annual cost)
- VEIN SPECIALIST – Receive the AVF’s monthly digital newsletter. Members are encouraged to contribute content
- VeinForum.org – Access information and resources to support your practice and help your patients. This includes a special members-only section
- AVF Exchange – Access an exclusive online community, exchange technical and clinical information, share best practices, and advance your venous knowledge
The AVF advocates for our members, your patients, and the public through our Health Policy Committee and collaborations with other organizations. By raising our collective voices, we help ensure patients have access to the highest quality of care, help increase access to care for the underserved, and help our members receive appropriate reimbursement for the services they provide.
- Directly communicate with policy makers through our Health Policy Committee – We provide constructive feedback to payers across the country with a unified expert opinion. Contact our HPC directly with issues or questions you may have
- Collaborate with other Key Stakeholders – AVF collaborations amplifies your voice on behalf of all venous patients
- Representation on the AMA’s Specialty and Service Societies – AVF has established a seat on the SSS which enables us to influence appropriate access, coding, and reimbursement for venous procedures
Other ways the AVF can help you advance your career and practice
- C-TRACT Trial – Participate as an investigator and enroll patients in a national clinical trial
- Vascular Quality Improvement (VQI) – Provide quality improvement data and access a national registry in venous stents, IVC filters and varicose veins
- Intersociety Collaboration – Collaborate with regional, national, and international organizations to advance the venous mission of the AVF
Social Media – Interact on AVF’s social media channels: Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook