Current AVF Members – Renew Your MembershipClick the link below to renew your membership with the American Venous Forum. Click Here to Pay Your Dues
AVF Membership InformationClick Here for Application Criteria and to Apply for Membership
Members of the AVF contribute their time and expertise to further scientific and clinical research, educate physicians and fellows, create unique public awareness programs and provide state-of-the-art patient care for people with venous disease. Membership is open to all healthcare professionals who treat venous disease, including:
Benefits of Membership
Publications & News
- Enjoy full print & digital access to the Journal of Vascular Surgery: Venous and Lymphatic Disorders (JVS-VL) – the highest rated venous journal, ranked in the top 25% of all medical journals.
- Benefit from the Handbook of Venous and Lymphatic Disorders, edited by Dr. Peter Gloviczki.
- Receive VEIN SPECIALIST, the AVF’s monthly update featuring timely news and information about the field of venous disease.
- Receive special member rates to attend:
- VENOUS2021: AVF Annual Meeting and Early Career Course
- VENOUS2021: Venous & Lymphatic Science Meeting
- Annual Fellows and Early Career Course in Venous Disease
- Learn about emerging venous technologies and techniques from recognized venous experts, earn CME credits and gain free online access to live/recorded AVF sessions & presentations.
- Stay current: Receive the latest venous & lymphatic disease updates on new or updated clinical guidelines and reimbursement challenges.
Venous Research Opportunities
- Access member-only grants, including the AVF-JOBST Research Grant. Learn about venous research opportunities including NIH grants, industry-sponsored research and C-Tract Trial participation.
- Gain access to the most respected scientific forum, the AVF Annual Meeting, to present your research findings and be considered for publication in the JVS-VL.
Career & Practice Growth
- Collaborate and network with internationally recognized thought leaders and expert investigators from around the world. Access the AVF membership directory online.
- Inclusion in AVF’s “Find a Vein Specialist” online referral resource for patients and referring physicians.
- Access AVF’s Career Center to advance your career or share open venous positions at your institution
Grow as a Leader Opportunities
- Serve on a writing group, update and develop new venous and lymphatic clinical guidelines.
- Lead the way by serving on a committee or the AVF Board. Advance venous health as an active participant in a multi-specialty coalition.
- Become a “Key Opinion Leader.” Speak and present, both within the U.S. and around the world.
Make a Difference in Venous and Lymphatic Health
- Support the AVF Foundation, serve as a Board Member, get involved with “Healthy Veins for Healthy Life” and promote venous & lymphatic health.
- Enjoy the prestige, proudly display your membership certificate, and be recognized by your co-workers, peers, and patients as an AVF Member.
Types of Membership
Physician Membership: Certified physicians or scientists who have demonstrated involvement in and a commitment to issues of venous disease. Physician Membership is divided into two categories.
- American (USA)
- Non Surgeon-Interventionist (primary care)
- International (outside of the USA)
APP / Allied Health Membership: APP & Allied health medical professionals who have demonstrated a commitment to the management of venous and lymphatic disease.
Member-in-Training Membership: Physicians serving in residency or fellowships in post-doctoral training programs.
Medical Student Membership: Medical students who are currently enrolled in medical school who have a special interest in venous and lymphatic diseases.
Senior Membership: Members who have attained age 70 or are retired.
Affiliate Member: Employees of companies offering, or developing, products or services for the management of venous and lymphatic disease. (Scientists and physicians outside of a hospital or clinic setting may qualify to be a Physician Member)