Several types of AVF membership can be considered:
Physician Membership – US/National: $500.00; International: $400.00
Physician Membership is comprised of (a) National and International physicians (i) certified as either an M.D. or D.O. by a recognized certifying board in the applicant’s country of practice in the Field, and (ii) who have acquired additional skills in the Field either though recognized fellowship program training in the Field or clinical experience demonstrating an interest in and contribution to the Field; and (b) scientists recommended by the Membership Committee who have demonstrated involvement in and a commitment to the Field through research, study, scholarship or teaching. Each Physician Member shall pay such dues as may be determined by the Board of Directors from time to time. Physician Members shall have full membership rights and privileges including the right to vote if dues are paid by the specified deadline for voting qualification, and to serve as an officer and on the Board of Directors of the Corporation as a director. Membership dues are $500 per year for US/National Members and $400 per year for International Members.
You will be asked to upload your CV which includes:
a. Education, certifications and medical license
b. Teaching and hospital appointments
c. Publications pertaining to venous or lymphatic disease
Member-in-Training Membership – $0.00
Member-in-Training members are individuals who are physicians serving in residency or fellowships in post-doctoral training programs in venous disease and have demonstrated an interest in and commitment to the field. Member-in-Training members are not eligible to vote or hold elective office. Member-in-Training members are entitled to transfer their membership to Physician Membership upon fulfillment of the requirements for membership in such class by delivering the following items to the Membership Committee: a) written letter of request to transition to Physician Member (letter must include member’s new title); and, b) a letter of recommendation from member’s Program Director to the Membership Committee; without the necessity of filing an application for membership in such class. Membership dues are complimentary.
You will be asked to upload:
- Curriculum Vitae including education, Board Certification(s), teaching appointments, hospital appointments, and a list of the applicant’s publications (if any) pertaining to venous disease.
Medical Student Member – $0.00
Medical Student members are individuals who are currently enrolled in medical school who have a special interest in venous and lymphatic diseases. Medical students shall not pay membership dues. A Medical Student Member shall not have any voting rights and shall not be eligible to serve as an officer. To continue membership once the Medical Student’s training is completed, member can transfer to a Member-in-Training Membership by delivering written notice of same to the Membership Committee, without the necessity of filing an application for membership in such class.
Application should be completed with the following:
- Letter from medical school confirming status.
APP / Allied Health Membership – $150.00
Allied Health members are individuals who are allied health medical professionals and have demonstrated an interest in and made a contribution to the management of venous and lymphatic disease and disorders and the diagnosis and treatment of same. Allied Health members are eligible to serve on AVF committees. Associate members are not eligible to vote or hold elective office. Membership dues are $150 per year.
Application should be completed with the following:
- Curriculum Vitae including education, Board Certification, teaching appointments, hospital appointments, and a list of the applicant’s publications pertaining to venous disease.
Affiliate Member – $300.00
Membership Criteria: Employees of companies are eligible for this category. Scientists and physicians outside of a hospital or clinic setting currently qualify to be a Physician Member. To be accepted as an Affiliate Member, the individual must be actively employed for a minimum of one year at the current company. The applicant must provide a letter from the company corporate office stating that the applicant has been employed in good standing for one year.
Membership Privileges: Affiliate Members are eligible to serve as Members of the following AVF Committees: Health Policy Committee, Membership Committee, Newsletter Committee, Fellows Course Committee, Screening Committee, Website Committee, and Research Committee. Affiliate Members are eligible to serve on the Board of the AVFF; however, they are not eligible to serve as President of the AVFF.
Membership Exceptions: Affiliate Members are not permitted to serve on any Committee involved in planning a CME activity. They are not eligible to serve as Chair of any Committee. They are not eligible to serve on the Board of the AVF.
Journal Privileges: Affiliate Members will receive a Journal subscription automatically.
Distinguished Fellow Member – $500.00
AVF Distinguished Fellow Membership is bestowed on AVF Physician Members who are in good standing for at least 5 years. Distinguished Fellow Members are selected for their role in enhancing the AVF by serving on committees and leadership, as meeting faculty, providing educational enhancement for trainees and advancing venous disease by research or education. Distinguished Fellow Members shall have full membership rights and privileges including the right to vote if dues are paid by the specified deadline for voting qualification, and to serve as an officer and on the Board of Directors of the Corporation as a director. Membership dues are $500 per year.
- Submit an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Submit detailed curriculum vitae
- Submit three letters of support from Distinguished Fellows of AVF – one from a sponsor and two from endorsers. Letters from all three Distinguished Fellows shall vouch for the applicant’s character, professional integrity, and standing in the community of venous physicians. The letters of support can be submitted separately to the above email address. Be sure to put your name and AVF DF Application in the subject line.
- The letters of support shall outline the eligibility of the applicant in one or more of the following areas:
A. General Criteria
- Contributions must be sustained
- There must be broad recognition of excellence and competence
- Peer-reviewed publications are expected
- The Committee may invite independent reviews
B. Research and Scholarly Activities
- Original basic and/or clinical contributions that advance the field of venous and lymphatic disease
- Publications in peer-reviewed, quality journals
- Continued grant support or research awards
- Independent investigation
- Membership on a grants review panel or editorial boards
- Invited lectures and visiting professorships
C. Clinical Practice
- Demonstrated commitment to venous and lymphatic disease in their clinical practice
- A recognized leader in the clinical care of patients with venous and lymphatic disorders
D. Service to the AVF
- Service on AVF Committees and the Board of Directors
- Participation as Meeting Faculty at AVF sponsored educational programs
- Contribution to AVF publications
- Service in AVFl eadership positions
E. Professional Service
- Innovation (technique or concept)
- Exemplary role model
- Leadership positions in regional or other national vascular societies
- Evidence of ongoing academic productivity
- Formal evaluation, awards
- Publications on issues dealing with education
- Academic rank will be considered
- Track record of mentoring
Senior Member – $0.00
Senior membership shall be open to all Fellow and Physician Members who have attained age 70, are retired or such other Physician Members whom the Executive Committee approves for membership in such class on account of health infirmity or other just cause. Senior Members shall have Physician Membership rights and privileges including the right to vote. Senior Members shall not be required to pay dues and shall not be bound by any meeting attendance requirements that may apply to members of other classes.
Application should be completed with the following, and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Proof of age
- If not 70 years of age, must submit letter addressed to Executive Committee regarding health infirmity or other just cause.