The Layman’s Handbook of Venous Disorders
Adapted from the Handbook of Venous Disorders; Guidelines of the American Venous Forum, Third Edition (Hodder Arnold, London 2009), Editor: Dr. Peter Gloviczki, MD, Associate Editors: Dr. Michael C. Dalsing, MD, Dr. Bo G. Eklof, MD, Dr. Gregory L. Moneta, MD and Dr. Thomas W. Wakefield, MD.
An on-line book, The Layman’s Handbook of Venous Disorders, designed to assist you with terms, treatment options, and answers to frequently asked questions about venous diseases.
The text of one of the most comprehensive textbooks on venous disorders has been adapted and rewritten in 20 chapters in Layman’s terms for easy understanding. The Editors of the Web-based publication, Dr. Michael C. Dalsing and Dr. Gary W. Lemmon, had two goals in mind: increase awareness of venous disease and educate the American public and our patients with acute and chronic venous disorders.The publication provides essential information on the cause, presentation and up-to-date management of venous diseases. Considerable new data are available on prevention and treatment of blood clots, leg swelling, varicose veins and venous ulcers.
The chapters, designed specifically for the web, are concise, easy to read, provide clear images, and each includes a section for frequently asked questions. Scan the Index or enter a key word, such as “varicose,” in the search box above to instantly find answers to your questions.
The illustrations were graciously provided by Dr. Stephen Gale.
- Index of chapters and authors
- Chapter 1: Normal Venous Circulation
- Chapter 2: Risk Factors for Venous Thrombosis
- Chapter 3: Clotting Disorders
- Chapter 4: Deep Venous Thrombosis Prevention
- Chapter 5: Superficial Venous Thrombosis
- Chapter 6: Clinical Presentation of Venous Thrombosis “Clots”: Deep Venous Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolus
- Chapter 7: Medical treatment of Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolus
- Chapter 8: Surgical/Interventional Treatment of Acute Deep Venous Thrombosis
- Chapter 9: Indications for Inferior Vena Cava Interruption
- Chapter 10: Axillary/Subclavian Vein Thrombosis (clot) and its Treatment
- Chapter 11: Physiology of Venous Insufficiency
- Chapter 12: Chronic Venous Insufficiency Presentation
- Chapter 13: Compression Therapy for Venous Disorders and Venous Ulceration
- Chapter 14: Spider Veins/Telangiectasias Therapy
- Chapter 15: Sclerotherapy for Venous Disease
- Chapter 16: Surgical Therapy for Chronic Venous Insufficiency
- Chapter 17: Surgical Therapy for Deep Valve Incompetence
- Chapter 18: Iliac and Vena Cava Obstructive Venous Disease Therapy
- Chapter 19: Vascular Malformations
- Chapter 20: Lymphedema Diagnosis and Therapy